This Five Act Interview Script is between Michael (Interviewer) and Adam (Tester) Context questions, Tasks, and Debrief questions are Italicized 

ACT ONE

Michael: Hello You Adam, My name’s Michael, how are you today?

Adam: I’m good, thanks, I appreciate the complimentary coffee.

Michael: No worries, it’s the least we can do seeing how you went out of your way to be here today.

Adam: Oh, it’s alright, it’s an interesting break from my morning routine.

ACT TWO

Michael: Oh really? What does your morning routine look like?

Adam: I usually wake up around 6:00am, shower, make myself eggs, hash browns, and pancakes if I have a craving, and I’m off to work.

Michael: I wish I had that kind of motivation in the morning. Where do you work?

Adam: I’m a chef at Canali’s on the corner of 5th and Dunkin.

Michael: That explains the healthy breakfast, I’m usually eating cornflakes in the kitchen before rushing here.  I don’t think i’ve been to Canalis, what kind of food do you make?

Adam: It’s an Italian restaurant, lot’s of pastas, spaghetti, lasagna, that kind of thing.

Michael: Sounds delicious, I’ll have to try it out sometime. Do you mind if I start recording this conversation for our development team?

Adam: That’s okay with me.

Michael: Thank you.

ACT THREE

Michael (CONT’D): You sound to me like a very well organized person, you know what works well for you and what doesn’t and you change yourself accordingly. Our development team is working on a project right now and we wanted to get your opinion, would you mind looking at some prototypes?

Adam: I wouldn’t mind at all.

Michael: I will say, upfront, I didn’t design this prototype, so if you see something you don’t like or something that doesn’t work the way you expected to, you wont hurt my, or anyone elses feelings, in fact, honest feedback is what we’re looking for.

Adam: I can do that for you.

Michael: Alright, let’s get started.

ACT FOUR

Michael (CONT’D): There are no right or wrong answers here, I am going to ask that you complete three tasks using this app’s interface in the way that would make the most sense to you, this isn’t testing your competence level or anything like that, in fact it’s kind of the opposite, we’re testing the intuitiveness of the app. The first task I ask of you is to plan a flight trip.

Adam: Alright, seems simple enough.

Michael: The second is to choose what you would like to do after your flight.

Michael(CONT’D): The final task is to check the real time weather forecast.

ACT FIVE: 

Michael(CONT’D): Thank you for that Adam, you’ve been a huge help. Did you find that you were able to complete the tasks quickly and smoothly?

Adam: I found the first task to have more steps than I was anticipating, but I was able to easily navigate my way through that task.

Michael: What did you like and dislike about the design of the app.

Adam: I like the structure of most of the pages, the one that confused me the most was when it told me to select more activities and asked me to go back to the previous page, I felt that was a bit redundant.

Michael: Alright, good to know, and finally how would you describe this product to a friend?

Adam: I would describe it as a convenient and simple way to plan a flight trip that is, for the most part, easy to navigate and effective in giving its user a solid flight plan for their calendar.

Michael: Ok, thank you for coming in today Adam, you’ve been a good help, and you’ll most likely see me at Canali’s in the near future.

Adam: Anytime, I look forward to seeing you there.